the life of brooke at byu is a taxing life. people are always wanting to hang out with me and braid my hair and have tickle fights and i’m like “guys, i have to get stuff done here!” THUS i have become a slave to to-do lists. at the beginning of the day while the lights are still off and avery-dear is still sleeping, i sit at my desk and write down all the things i need and want to do that day (…sometimes; but for the sake of this: i am a ‘slave’)…and then proceed to watch avery sleep for the next hour. only kidding! i don’t have that kind of time, you crazies!
and normally, almost always, sometimes i cross everything off the list at the end of the day (sometimes i write down things that i have already done, just to make myself feel all accomplished and important).but anyways, this break i have accomplished NOTHING spectacular and that makes my stomach sort of squirmy-like. so i decided to brainstorm all my little feats this break that are yip and pip-worthy…
- using y’all casually ad nauseam–making my texan friends proud!
- eating over 20 apples and finishing off 2 cases of dr. pepper 10 and diet barq’s rootbeer.
- walking into the high school basketball game and successfully achieving the ‘i’m in college and i’ve learned important things’ stroll.
- bowling a 47. how is it that i am so bad?
- watching the whole second season of workaholics and the movie sherlock holmes TWO TIMES.
- really, really getting into character as the sheep in the nativity play this christmas (family rule: you don’t get out of the play until you’re married–anyone interested in getting hitched?! last night i made a killer quesadilla AND i read a lottttt of cosmopolitan, if you know what i mean…).
- …making a quesadilla.
- retelling the same story over and over again about how i won the intramural basketball championship at my university…(and now i’ve told it again!)
- zumba-ing for the first time EVER…I LOVED IT. it was so, so fun shaking my thing alongside faculty from my elementary school and parents’ moms.
- going to old navy or ross nearly every single day this break for some random something or other.
- burning the crap out of my face whilst tanning and then craftily making up stories ON THE SPOT about how i got wind burnt while skiing or am just all heated from working out so hard at the gym.
- getting told i look all grown’d up from my seventh grade english teacher.
- avoiding eye contact with lots of people who i kind of, sort of, but not REALLY know from the HS while in public.
- …and, if eye contact is made, striking up really terribly insincere and inauthentic conversations about high school memories? and their college experience? and how much weight we’ve gained?
- somehow managing to eat three separate dinners every night.
…and now i am going to write all of these things on a to-do list and cross them out while yipping and pipping.